TPEs with Recycled Content
Recycled content definitions
Post industrial Recyclate (PIR)
Material diverted from the waste stream during a manufacturing process. Excluded is reutilisation of materials such as rework, regrind or scrap generated in a process and capable of being reclaimed within the same process that generated it.
Post Consumer Recyclate (PCR)
Material generated by households or by commercial, industrial and institutional facilities in their role as end-users of the product which can no longer be used for its intended purpose.
What's the Difference Between PCR + PIR
The recyclate source for the Dryflex PCR grades includes recycled PP from end of life vehicles, including automotive interior and exterior applications.
The recyclate source for the Dryflex PIR grades includes material diverted from the waste stream during the manufacturing of consumer, construction and household applications including baby products.
Target Applications Include:
The Dryflex PCR grades are currently only available in black. They are targeted to automotive exteriors such as mudflaps, side-steps and wheel-arch liners. These grades can also be used for outdoor equipment such as lawnmower wheels or safety barriers.
The Dryflex PIR grades are available in a natural colour, giving additional design possibilities. They are targeted to consumer goods, sports equipment, footwear, household and automotive applications.
Quality Constrols & Product Testing
- We don’t spot buy, we treat recyclate the same as virgin raw materials, everything is bought to a specification. We don’t buy one-off deliveries of mixed scrap, all of our feedstocks are from consistent sources
- All Dryflex Circular compounds are produced under the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards
- All Dryflex Circular compounds are RoHS, REACH and SVHC compliant
- All Dryflex Circular compounds are supplied to a finished product specification and tolerance
- We’re working with customers for application specific testing and approvals
- Dryflex Circular TPEs are not currently approved for use in food, medical or toy applications
Dryflex Circular COLLAB
We believe that collaboration, from all parts of the supply chain, will be key to making plastics more circular.
We’ve started several ‘collab’ projects, working with customers to find ways to utilise their waste streams and turn-it into new life materials.
Our Dryflex Circular experts
The Circular Team
Head over to our downloads page for product and processing guides (and lot more usful stuff).