High Quality, Custom Formulated soft PVC Compounds
Non Phthalate and DEHP Free Grades
To address consumer concerns over the potential health and environmental risks of certain plasticizers used in the manufacture of PVC compounds, we have developed the Lifolit range to include several non phthalate alternatives.
This helps our customers to comply with tightening regulations governing the use of phthalates. Particularly in the toy and childcare market, where non phthalate compounds have become the industry standard in response to directives such as EU 2005/84/EC.
We work with a number of raw materials and plasticizers to give the best performance / cost ratio while always keeping in compliance with the different levels of phthalate use. This includes DEHP free PVC as well as grades that are considered low in Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Antistatic, Conductive & Flame Retardant Grades
By blending nitrile rubber (NBR) or other polymers, such as thermoplastic polyurethane, we have created PVC compounds with very elastic properties. Our PVC blends also allow us to modify very specific properties such as abrasion and chemical resistance.
- Glazing profiles
- Construction gaskets
- Handles & grips
Lifolit Key Properties
- Hardness range from 40 Shore A to 60 Shore D
- Free of heavy metals and PAHs
- Food contact grades
- Non phthalate plasticizer
- All compounds are DEHP free
- Conform to EN 71/3 for toys
- Good UV resistance and weather proofing
- Crystal clear, translucent, natural or colour compounded grades
- Foamed grades up to a density of 0.45g/cm3
- Antistatic and conductive grades available
- Polymer blends
- Easy to process via injection moulding and extrusion
Our Lifolit soft PVC Expert
Manager PVC & Masterbatch, R&D PVC, Sales Masterbatch, HEXPOL TPE GmbH
You can also visit our Downloads page for more brochures and information.